|Version 2 (modified by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawmdguk0vqvk29c3pkmar-r-77fmhtuf460, 3 years ago)|
Application Templates Proposal
Reusable application templates would make working with level 0/1 applications much more convenient. Instead of manually having to edit the command line so that the application loads the correct file each time you make a new project, this could be done almost transparently by ladish, by means of a project directory under which files/sessions for applications are stored.
Extension of e.g. the run application dialog in gladish:
- Keep templates for application command lines
- for seq24 this could be 'seq24 --file %p/%s-seq24-%i.mid' where %p would be the project directory, %s the studio/room designation and %i a number for the particuar instance of seq24 (in case of more than one being used in the studio)
- Ladish should create the appropriate project directory
- This would of course only work if studios had a directory associated with them
- It seems that programs handle non-existing files/sessions/projects correctly (tested with 'seq24 --file <file.mid>', 'yoshimi -l <file.xmz>' and 'ardour2 <session path>')
It would be convenient for application templates to be based off .desktop files, using the AppDB feature and possibly a number of prepared templates could be supplied with ladish (?).